To use this website fully, you first need to accept the use of cookies. By agreeing to the use of cookies you consent to the use of functional cookies. For more information read this page.

Elements Office

When I was 13 years old back in 2005, I began work on a project called Fusionscape. Fusionscape was a bunch of software I was making separately stuffed into one program. It became messy and the software eventually broke free. As a result, Cobweb, Data Project, Painter Pro, Record Checker, Wonderword, VUEBB and much more were born as seperate programs.

These programs were written in VB.NET but with a C# library (BBCL) that powered them.

Eventually, I created the project under the name Octagonal Office, with each of the programs being an element of the whole office package. There were a total of eight programs that created this octagon of programs. Eventually, Octagonal Office became Elements Office in 2012.

Just after turning 19 in 2010, I decided to finish off BlackRabbit Script's formal specification and started to work on it. By mid-2011 it was a fully fledged programming language but needed serious work to make it competitive.

By mid-2013 I was more of a Mac user than a PC user. The result was I spent more time on Linux and Mac OS X than Windows. .NET software became less appealing to me and I decided to give Java a go as my daily driver. I really got stuck into what Java could do and learned it exceedingly quickly (I probably mastered the language in two weeks).

In January 2015 I rewrote BlackRabbit Script in Java. The port was easy enough to do since C# and Java have similar syntaxes and conversion didn't take me long. After a short period of use BlackRabbit Script was dropped and a new language was under development. In May 2015 I began to write the Zenith Parsing Engine, and ZenLang which eventually became the ZPE Programming Environment and YASS respectively.

When high-DPI displays came around, because WindowsForms was no longer kept up to date, scaling issues presented a major concern for users of the software I freely created and I saw a decline in users within weeks of the release of Windows 10.

It was in 2015 I decided to make my sole software focus on ZPE and YASS and my main web focus on the Web Neutral Project.